Prowater SUSTAINABLE WATER DELIVER SERVICE
Duration of the project: August - October 2020
Roles: UI & UX design
About the project
Prowater is a subscription-based water delivery application that cares about the environment and people. Only 100 % recyclable bottles used in order to preserve the planet for future generations.
Purpose and Context
Water is one of the main sources of life. It is the number one consumed drink in the world. According to Statista.com revenue in the Bottled Water segment amounts to $6,276mln in 2020. While the market is expected to grow annually by 6.4% (CAGR2020-2025), meantime the consumed water produces enormous amounts of plastic that cannot be fully recycled and stays in the seas and coasts. If humanity continuesdumping plastics into nature at the current rate, there will be more plastic thanfish in the world’s seas by 2050.Thus, there is a need to create a water service that cares about the environment.
Prowater is a personal study project that I created from conception to prototyping using design thinking approach.
- User will be able to subscribe to water delivery service weekly/every 2 weeks/monthly.
- User will be able to check the information about water resource and their packaging.
- User will be able to change the type of water and delivery time preferences.
From Competitor analyses to problem definition
We used SWOT technique to find business opportunities. Conclusion: in France there is not such an app that would be both eco-responsible and business effective at the same time.
From hypothesis to user approved solutions
Using Crazy 8s technique for fresh and creative look and feel of the layouts we created prototypes following the moto “Test early, test frequent”. After evaluating the effectiveness of our solutions we proposed 2 variations of interface using A/B testing.
Benchmark analysis of Amazon and Cube water
- Home page has the adress right under the Search bar that makes it clear where the search is and where to add the adress.
- Tab bar makes it convenient to navigate through the webite.
- Possibility to choose when to receive a package.
- Content in a Profile page and in a Menu is the same. I am not sure that it is the best usage of space as both icons located in the bottom menu, so the discoverability is be similar.
- Insight:I would not repeat the first 3 features and woud start with the Shop by department.
- Cube water App uses user’s geolocation. From the Home Screen we immidiately see the address of delivery. We can add some other adresses according to own preferences.
- Search bar shows that it is possible to seatch by Stores and Items. I find it convenient as usually customer can search items only. Hovewer, the search by keyword seems not working.
- Insightt: Indeed, it might be a useful feature for delivery app to see the adress at the first glance. Nevertheless, I would not put it just nearby the search icon as user used to see the title of a page or just a search there.
- There is Categories button to precise the Search that constantly stickes to the bottom of a page.
- Insight: I would remove the button if the user scrolls the Search results or making another actions like Adding to the cart to avoid the clutter.
The goal was to create an easy shopping experience that would facilitate the routine tasks of busy people by deliering water. We aimed to create subscription system that would accommodate the users’ preference for time, date and frequency of delivery for major operating systems - Android and IOS.
Challenge of the project
Usually, subscription takes plenty of time and effort. We needed to make sure that user would accomplish own goal without being annoyed with long process. We decided to automatise the process as much as possible. We cut the subscription process by small steps and made it visible and controllable by the user. Thus, we implemented Steppers and Date pickers.
100% testers (8 responders) prefered design #2. The result gives us a clear direction for futher work.